Re: [RC] Boarding facilities - Karen Sullivan

Lets see...I have done some boarding for others at my private home.....

To keep this endurance related, what I think I can offer, and is nice is all day turnout-have two fields, a low grass and high grass one (they both turn dry in summer then I fight star thistle)  One field is 4 acres, one is probably 5

Big hay barn to buy hopefully years worth of good hay

separate stalls/paddocks for rainy weather or feeding horses separately to give mash/supplements

round pen, sort of arena area....

What I can also do, and would want an "endurance" boarding facility to do is feed a mash with electrolytes the day before a ride and have my horse caught up in the morning.

Give the horse mash night and or day after a very hard ride or weekend, and check legs and that they are eating and drinking well....

try to eyeball horses every day, check legs, eyes, way of going, etc.

fly masks in summer.....I will blanket but do kinda dislike to do it.

Have had big calendar/and notice board in barn to make notes for owners...

Karen