Re: [RC] What do you want in a boarding facility - Sharon Levasseur

Congratulations!  You have every right to bounce off the walls in excitement!

My ideal barn would offer pasture-board with good fences and large grassy
pastures.  There would be several pastures so the herd can be split into
compatible groups.  Each pasture would have well-maintained shelters and
constant access to clean water.  Areas with the most manure deposits (near the
run-in and gate) would be cleaned up daily.

The barn would have a large (heated) tack room where everyone could have their
own space, a bathing tie-rail with rubber mats and both warm and cold water,
and a kitchen with small fridge and microwave.

Fly spray, fly sheets, and blankets would be done by barn staff according to
owners' instructions, for no extra charge.  ALL THE HORSES WOULD BE ON THE SAME
DEWORMING SCHEDULE, OPTIMIZED FOR THAT CLIMATE AND WITH A VET'S ADVICE.  Barn
staff would deworm them all on the same day, and owners would be charged only
for the dewormer itself.

There would be direct access to MILES and MILES of beautiful trails of varying
types and difficulty levels.

Oh, and board would be $100 a month.

.............. Well?  You ASKED!!  LOL
-Sharon L. and Zephyr (who is LOVING this pasture-boarding thing)

Quoting agilbxr@xxxxxxx:

Come the end of this month, I'm starting a new job as the barn
manager/caretaker at a relatively small boarding facility.  My horse has been
living here for two years, and the current caretaker is leaving, she bought
her own land.  I was invited to take over the job.  Soooo....  I'm polling
the ridecamp group.

What would you like to see in your boarding facility?  As endurance riders
and/or as horse owners in general what do you guys want.  This includes
facilities, treatment, care, etc.  Let me know so I can try to make our barn
"The Best Barn".  *grin*

As a shameless plug cause I'd love someone to come out and condition with me,
we ride off the property on to 23 thousand acres of state forest to condition
in.  We are in Jacksonville, Florida on the edge of Jennings State Forest, so
if you are in the area and looking for a boarding facility, give me a yell!
I need an endurance rider to join me.  Spot's ready to start some real
conditioning!

Juli and the herd
Spot (oh my, she's going to be out here every day.  That means I REALLY have
to behave)
Alpine (yay! Mom's going to be around a lot now!  She brings me goodies)