Re: [RC] When to move up to 50's - DVeritas

In a message dated 2/9/2006 6:36:26 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, Lucky6mule@xxxxxxx writes:
a slow 50 is easier on my mule & me than a fast LD.  (Not that I know your LD speed)  You know, the worst you could do is not complete---
Not completing an endurance ride is not the worst you could do.  It's just a ride.
Not caring for your mount, that, in my book, is the worst you could do.
If a horse/mule needs to quit somewhere before the actual "finish"...doing the right thing is the right thing.
I've been disappointed when I've had to pull, which hasn't been often, but it is always the better option than proceeding when you shouldn't.
It's nothing more than an endurance ride.  There's always (okay, "usually") another day.

Frank
8422