  From: KimFue@xxxxxxx
  To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:33 AM
  Subject: [RC] [RC] LD Rides - Richard Sacks

  Richard,
  I don't need my official time recorded to know how fast I fiished a ride.
I can keep track of that myself and I do.  I know when the ride started and I
know what time we finish. I can figure out actual riding time on the trail if
I don't want to include holds.  I don't need a vet card to know how fast my
horse recovers.  What I do need official times for is to see how many hores I
beat or that beat me.  If you are looking to see how you did in relation to
other competitors then I guess the official placing is important.  Is that
why you wanted your placing officially recorded?

   Do you really equate entering a ride the same as riding with friends?
Rides provide me with a marked trail, water and hay along the way, a vet to
check my horse, radio crews to keep track of me in case I am lost, lunch out
on the trail so I don't have to carry it on the saddle, and a place to camp,
usually on private land that I wouldn't be able to use if I were just with
friends.  You must have really nice friends if they provide all of this for
you when you go out and ride  :)

  Kim

  How would you feel if you rode 50 miles and didn't have the times recorded.
Would you do it once, twice, 5 times or maybe nine until you said why am I
doing this when other organizations will record my times or I can ride with a
bunch of friends and get the same jollies.