Re: [RC] LD rides - Merryben

In a message dated 2/8/2006 6:34:28 P.M. Central Standard Time, rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Yes I believe they are violations of the rules. I also feel there should be consistency for all rides in each region. Not some ride managers posting completion times and some not. Also not some ride managers posting the completions in alphabetical order and some posting in completion order. The minute they are posted in order of completion a placing is created and the AERC rules or definitions apply. This fiasco happened at the Desert Gold Ride for sure. The web site for the ride stated "There will also be awards available for overall best condition for both the endurance and the LD rides."
The overall awards at Desert Gold were given.  Katlyn McClarney won it for the LD on her horse.  Also, you guys need to contact the AERC office and get a clarification on the rules.  Or read ALL the rules, including the ones for Endurance because the LD rides correlate with them.......The RM's are NOT breaking the rules......If they were, the AERC would come down on them.  Actually, BC does not ever have to be given according to AERC rules.  Tevis doesn't....mb