[RC] I need help - Jackie Causgrove

This may seem a bit off topic at first but hang in there.

I used to teach handicap riding before I moved to Ak.
I've taught all sorts of people how to ride; including a double amputee; spina bifida kid etc.

The point of this is, just because one's body may not be in great shape does not mean that you have to give up riding.

So my other suggestions (although am not implying that you are handicapped) might be to contact a theraputic riding center and see what type of suggestions/or modifications you can make in order to keep riding too.

Like maybe some sort of seat saver on the saddle to even cushion the impact being transmitted up your spine.  Or if you had a gel saddle pad on your horse, would that help your back as well (for the same reason, less impact on you).

Is there a saddle that might be more appropriate for your back issue etc?  Or maybe the type of stirrups (they make some that are suppose to absorb some motion).

Just some other thoughts

Jackie