Re: [RC] Endurance & Dressage- - Carolyn Burgess

Is running a mile the same thing as running a marathon.  They are still both runners.  Riding 25 miles is not endurance (by definition only 50 miles or more in a day are).  But both are riders.

Carolyn Burgess

Trakehners2000@xxxxxxx wrote:
I would like to make a comparison of dressage & endurance riding...
it isn't like the dressage community considers training level not to be dressage or not 'real ' dressage.
The lower levels of dressage are valued as the building of a foundation.
Why can't endurance be looked at in the same light?
Dressage=
Intro
Training
First Level
Second Level
Third Level
Fourth Level
and then the FEI levels
Prix St. George
Intermediate I
Intermediate II
Grand Prix

'Taste' Rides of 5 miles = Intro Level (see if you like it, expose horse and rider to new things)
12 mile rides = Training Level (requires more conditioning/training)
25 Mile CTR=First/Second Level  (more conditioning/more finesse)
25 +Mile LD=Third Level (more conditioning and even more finesse)
50 Mile = Fourth Level (Now we are really testing you)
75 Mile= Prix St. George
Multi Day Rides = Intermediate I
100 Mile multi-day rides= Intermediate II
and last but not least- the Holy Grail
100 Miles  1 Day= Grand Prix

I get the thing with the runners and the marathon, Bruce, I really do~ they are all still runners though.....just as training level dressage horses are still dressage horses, and TO ME 25 mile LD horses are still Endurance horses....they are just at a different level of TRAINING~  and YES some horses in dressage never progress past second level-  just like many Endurance horses never progress past 25 Miles.

~Christina