[RC] 20 Mule Team 100 - KimFue

Go Liz and Tonk!!  This will be a really special 20 MT 100 this year for me because my mare, Rushcreek Fox, is Tonk's mother.  Wouldn't it be nice to see a mother and son both finish the same 100.  Last year, before Liz bought Tonk from Frank, I had hoped that someday Frank and I could ride Tonk and Fox together in a 100 mile ride to have a mother/son completion.  Logistics were going to prove difficult since we both live in different regions.  Although I would still love to ride with Frank someday, at least Tonk is now in my region and it looks like Fox and Tonk will get to try to complete that 100 together and I hope ride several other rides together.

If you ride in the PS or W region don't forget to register for your region's 100 mile program BEFORE 20 MT 100.  Enrolled riders completing their first 100 will receive American Endurance Rides - The Ultimate Guide by Jackie Floyd.  Jackie has generously helped sponsor both region's 100 mile program and has specified that this be awarded to first time 100 mile riders.  What a great incentive to get out and try your first 100 this ride season!  Go to 100mileriders.com to get more information on both program.  You can register on line and you can check our enrolled horses in both regions.  As you will see there are several horses that are just 100 miles away from their next level.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648