Re: [RC] North & South - Debbie Lyons

I'm originally from Iowa, but have lived in Idaho for the past 30 years. No southern twang here, but I have picked up some Idaho/western drawl from Owyhee county.  I visited Nashville with a friend who was originally from Louisiana, who favored a very heavy southern drawl. I joked about bringing my "interpreter". Shortly after we arrived I asked the front desk clerk at the motel where I might find somewhere close to buy a cheap umbrella, only to get a blank stare from the clerk. I repeated at least 3 times, then my friend asked in her perfect southern drawl and got an instant reply. I truly did think I was speaking another language.