Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3458

In a message dated 2/6/2006 9:37:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We tend to forget the true meaning of our sport.  I think that it=
sort of goes like this: "Endurance is the sport where our motto=
is "TO FINISH IS TO WIN" with the ability to continue tomorrow=
with a "SOUND AND ABLE" horse.  We tend to forget our roots. =
And AERC is a record keeping non profit organization that is=
charged with the task of keeping record of individuals their=
horses/mules achievements in distance/miles and to help preserve=
our national trails for future generations of riders.  WE ARE=
NOT A MONEY MAKING ORGANIZATION!  WE ARE NOT A RACING=
ORGANIZATION!  We are loosing site of the basics the roots of=
our sport.  We have gotten greedy.  As a result our ride=
managers look at our sport as a money making opportunity.

Well I think you are absolutely wrong in your statement above.  I apologiize for his remarks to all the Ride Managers out there who give us a place to enjoy our sport.

Susan K