[RC] Made for Endurance or No.. Definitely! - Equus Wolf

I just wanted to say thank you to all that emailed and for the reassurance that my thinking is not way off track.
Today proved it to me - 4 of us went trail riding at Clemson University - Myself on Shelby, my Paint mare, a lady on her arab (she is the one I have been training with for endurance), and two ladies on their quarter horses, including the one that made the comment.  The arab lady and myself slowed our horses down at the trot on the trails since the other two were with us.  At one point, the comment lady asked if this was the pace arab lady kept on endurance rides.  When we condition together, we travel at a good pace when we're not doing LSD.   Shelby has learned how to flow with her trot and cover more ground.  She had to learn and now it comes naturally to her.  The arab has a wonderful ground covering trot!  Anyway, her question about the pace allowed us to explain to her how we cover more ground when we can, but we also take it slow and easy whenever necessary.   We also explained the vet checks to her etc.  Hopefully now she has a little more understanding.
But after a crazy two days, today was great.  I crossed a milestone for me.  There is a stretch of nice road and I cantered and partially hand-galloped my mare for the first time.  Boy did she love that!  It's the first time I've let her move out a little bit more.  For me, it's the first time I've done that since I was 13yrs old!   I've just had this fear of being out of control or coming off and being trampled - but I'm learning that I can trust Shelby and that is an awesome feeling!!  So far she is unflappable! (if that is a word)
We had a hiker with dog appear out of no where (even the dog with us didn't know they were there) and run past us with a bright yellow rain jacket flapping.  Of course, I was the last horse in the line and Shelby just looked at him, almost like she was thinking "Wow..what happened to your horse?"

Anyway, thank you again everyone.
Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!
Jennifer