[RC] Elfin Forest update - Nancy

Dear Endurance Family,
It has been a little over 3 weeks since Jerry was killed and I have not have
time to come up for air, much less even dream of a ride.  However I did get
a bit of good news from my vet this week.  It appears that Jazzi has a minor
check ligament injury and not a high suspensory injury.  She has a week and
a half of stall rest to go then I can start her back to work.  Yes, slowly
at first and build her back up.  I am not sure I will be ready to ride as I
still have on  going issues with my Christmas Day fall.  I now need to get
myself back to my physician.  Isn't that how we do it, kids, husbands,
horses, dogs and then later we start to care for ourselves?
Danielle and Lyric are doing well.  They did a real training ride Saturday
and if Lyric could, she would have sang the whole way.  Dani was elated at
how well she did and how well she held her conditioning.  I think they, Dani
and Lyric will be riding the Save Our Trails ride in March, if all continues
to go well.
I wish to thank every one who sent me prayers and messages of sympathy and
hope.  Each message was a comfort and each is truly appreciated.  I do need
to ask you to do one thing.  That is to get yourself, your family organized
regarding personal disasters and death.  Please have a will, life insurance,
etc. AND make sure your significant other and one or two close friends knows
were it is.  If you and your significant other have divided up the household
tasks (i.e. the bills)  trade off every 6 months to a year so you both know
how your particular system works.   I guess you can imagine what I have been
going through this this request???  It has not been fun and had I been
smarter I would not be digging out of this hole I find myself in today. Back
to the salt mine I go.
Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers and hug those you love often.
XXOX,
Nancy Reed
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, CA