[RC] Interest level for a 25/50 in central Maine on August 26, 2006? - Sharon Levasseur

Hi all,

I’ve decided that if I want more endurance rides in Maine, and more rides close to home, I’d better be willing to get off my kiester and do something about it.  So I’ve submitted a sanctioning request for a 25/50 in Orland, Maine (on the east side of the Penobscot River, 40 min south of Bangor and 20 minutes west of Ellsworth).  It will be called the Hot Toddy Hustle and will be held on the last Saturday in August... if we can get our act together for this year, that’s 8/26/06.  I sure hope we can get our act together, since that’s the date I put on the sanctioning request!  Nothing like a little PRESSURE to get the job done!

I need to get a feel for how many horses we can expect, to share both with the owner of the barn where it will be based, and with the landowners when I approach them for permission.  So....... please email me at sharon1359 at spamcop dot net if you think you’d be interested, and tell me how many horses you’d probably bring.

If any experienced ride managers in Maine would like to volunteer a little advice and hand-holding it would be welcome!  (But if you don’t volunteer, you will be drafted!  LOL)

Wish me luck!!!

Thanks,

Sharon Levasseur (who must be a little bit crazy, eh?) & Zephyr (oooooh my trail buddies will be coming to visit??)

www.ZEGifts.com