Re: [RC] western saddles - Dyane Smith

Dawn Simas wrote:
It has a low set horn, in skirt rigging, nice channel down the spine, round skirting but enough to dispurse the weight well.

So I am wondering:

What is the downside to competing in this saddle?

I ride in a saddle with a horn also, but when I was in the hospital after my last bone-busting fall, there was a guy in there that had been gored by his saddle horn when his horse fell on him.  Needless to say, he was in way worse shape than I was, as I had been pitched clean and unceremoniously.  If I ever have money again, I would like to get another English type saddle--no horn and easier to get off in an emergency.

Dyane