Re: [RC] When are you past the newbie stage? - Patty P

To me anyone who has ridden under 5 years is a newbie....and of course those who only go on a few rides each year would be longer. That is my humble opinion...and how I feel about riders in general. We have some ladies where I board, who say they have ridden all thier life, but still don't know anything about riding....they rode one horse, on occation throughout their life, which is very different from someone who trains for endurance regularly, or someone who trains and raises them. So I guess it should depend on how many horses you have ridden, and how often, maybe miles would be the best gauge.
PattyP
-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/30/2006 6:24:05 AM
Subject: [RC] When are you past the newbie stage?

OK, Since I've 'competed' for the turtle for two years within the AERC. And am entering my 3rd season....  And NOW want to learn to go faster - on my two proven 50milers.... Am I still a Newbie?

I CONSIDER myself a 'newbie to fast times' - that's why I ask riders with this particular expertise for advice.

But I don't really consider myself a newbie to endurance riding and conditioning. I've only gotten 'pulled' once - simply because I took to long to cross the finish line **grin** but ALL the horses I conditioned for my teammates - passed all VCs that day.

I guess I'm an 'experienced Newbie'?
- LP