Re: [RC] Christmas birth of some very rare goats! - Patty P

 I LOVE goats! Before moving to the city five years ago, we had neubians. They were the most wonderful pet of all...we had them out with the horses and llamas and a miniature sheep, for the reasons you stated...to keep the 10 acre pasture clean. They were awesome! So sweet! When they had babies we were always so excited. My daughter would bring them in the house and dress them up. They were so cute! And they wouldnt go to the bathroom in the house. They prefered going outside. I miss them! After I graduate and get my ranch, I will have goats again...the bigger the better! So Im going to keep this email!

PattyP

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/29/06 04:15:21
Subject: [RC] Christmas birth of some very rare goats!

I'm pleased to anounce the successful birth of our newest banch of African Boers. This type of Boer is a cross between Nubian or Keeko  and pure Boer. This produces offspring with the very tall height of the dairy breed, but with the color and large build of the Boer.  Males can easily hit 300+ lbs when mature!

Why are my three little kids so rare?

They came from the largest Nanny (Keeko cross) I've ever seen.  Approx. 200lbs in weight, and she gives birth twice a year.  She also has always birthed triplets! Most nannies only birth once, and usually twins.

We are keeping this set - two males and one female.  The Billies will be sold after maturity - and being shown against pure Boers by my children.  We hope to eventually have a line of unusually large &tall goats that are suitable for both meat and milk - in the next few years.

We welcome other farm owner in and around TN to drop by for a visit!  those just interested in learning about alternatives to cattle. And of course, those horseowners looking for a natural pasture improvement livestock that has a large and growing market share. (we have zero woody weeds in our pastures now **grin**)
- LP