Re: [RC] Equine Herpes Outbreak in Fla - Angie Fura

I spoke with my vet this morning.  Although my horse is UTD on vaccines, we are going to give a modified-live virus booster today.  While I hate to give a vaccination <14 days to the ride, I think the benefit will outweigh the risk.  If there are any adverse reactions to the booster, they should present within 24 hours.  This'll leave plenty of time before my departure (Tuesday) to make a decision not to go.

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 25/55
www.tracetribute.com

A number of East Coasters are planning to bring our horses into Fla for the
Gator Run Rides Jan 4-6, but I'm not sure how worried we should all be about
this outbreak provided our horses are UTD on shots....any feedback would be
appreciated!