Re: [RC] Riding in NYC - Stacy Sadar

I also can't imagine trying to get a horse trailer into NYC...too crazy for me.

A couple years ago, a bunch of us participated in a ride in Downtown Cleveland in support of the Cleveland Mounted Patrol.  That was cool!  BUT...we did in on a Sunday when almost everything was closed AND there were no games going on downtown, etc, so traffic was minimal.  Besides riding down all the main streets of Cleveland the best part was that we had to ride on part of route 90 (the FREEWAY!!) in order to get back to the parking area!!  I'll never forget how awesome that was and I'm sure it will never happen again.

Now, if anyone wants to 'test' their horse in more traffic and preparation for NYC trail riding all you have to do is ride the trails heading north towards Rocky River, Ohio.  The Valley Parkway Trail will take you over a freeway and under a freeway....see what YOUR horse does when they see cars coming at them then disappear under them!  OR when you can't even talk to each other or the horse when you go under the freeway because it's so loud.  Continue from there and cross over SR82 where there seems to be a forever road construction job going on....besides the traffic, you'll have orange barrels, caution tape, metal plates, etc...all this along with bikes, dogs, people, cars, etc.  IF your horse can handle all this then you go for NYC trail riding!  More power to ya!  LOL

Have a Happy New Year everyone!
Stacy

oddfarm <jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got back from New York City. Wow! Ride a horse in THAT CITY??? That would be insane!!

Lisa Salas, the Oddf aRm
Ready to sloooowww down, smell the flowers and whisper for a while.