Re: [RC] [RC] Wall panel for LQ trailer conversion - Mike Lewis

Thank you again.  I'm covering all seams with "aluminum tape" to seal
leaks.  Sounds like you have more solid metal to work with than the new
aluminum trailers offer...  I'm just adament that I do the job right.  A
$20,000 trailer ain't cheap, and I don't want to screw it up.  Lots of
planning is going into this to make sure the result is something I'll be
happy with...

--- Debbie Kirchner <dakota.charm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dan says you need to use some kind of insulation that is going to cause
vapor barrier, we glue it in really tight, get it as TIGHT as you can to
the
aluminum studs... it does not have to be perfect, but the best you
can...
Dan says you can even seal it tight with plastic, the stuff they put on
house before they put the siding on...

we did not use furring strips on ours, we put all kinds of cabinets in
it,
we did a ton of glueing... we drilled holes into the studs and attached
the
cabinets directly to each stud, we had a Trailswest GN, with metal, not
aluminum...

I am heading over to my mom's soon for dinner... so I might not get to
reply
again till later