[RC] cordless impact/lug wrench for travel? - Dream Weaver

At 05:56 PM 12/22/2006, you wrote:
>Does anyone carry a cordless impact / lug wrench in their rigs for on the
>road tire changing? I was looking at the DeWalt DW-057K-2 18V 1/2" Impact
>wrench:
>
> http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=6344

Check out Harbor Freight.  Dave got one for me before GC this year ( see this link).  I haven't had to use it, but we did change a tire on the trailer just to see how it worked, and it was awesome.  Haven't needed to use it though, knocking on wood.

I am too type A to sit around waiting for somebody to change a tire for me.  Especially since I never get a flat within two hours of civilization anyway.  I've not changed one with the impact wrench on the road yet, but I've done them without that in under 20 minutes by myself.

Karen