[RC] Forgiving Brass - Bob Fletcher

To the one repondant who mentioned that she would not want the headstall to give because she would not want to find an empty halter hanging to a tie rail, I would rather put on my hiking shoes and track down my horse than find a horse that has sufficated himself from pulling back from the halter not breaking.

I feel the same about people who leave halters on their horses in the pasture or stall for that matter.
If you can't catch your horse, then buy a Breakaway halter.  I have seen too many horses hang themselves on the most seemingly benign fixtures.  You are lucky to get by with slight nerve damage, but death is all to common.