[RC] brass vs. stainless - Tx Trigger

I really, REALLY do not like brass hardware on my tack. The only exception is my show harness, as I do think it looks lovely when all shined up in the ring against the beautifully crafted black leather harness. .  I don't like how it turns a horse green, gets corrosion from sweat, even if rinsed off, and I just do NOT like the look. Also,  while many are of the school they want tack to give if a horse gets caught on something, I do not want a halter to break if I did have a horse pull back against it. If I tie my horse, call my silly, but I'd expect him to be there when I return. Not a halter hanging from a leadrope, tied to something.  If one is concerned about a horse getting caught if it got loose, tell who ever makes your tack, and they can stitch a section so it would break under pressure.  And actually, another very popular option is hardware that is chromed over brass, for those who want the "softer" metal that might give.  Everyone is different with what they want in tack. That is why we are so blessed to have so many different vendors making tack for our trail horses, where we can buy the style, color etc. that each of us wants. I think brass is ugly.... my opinion, my tack. LOL
Jonni in TX (Oh, and I prefer shades of blue on my horses)