Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] conformation-toed in vs. toed out

A horse will "swing" in hoof flight in the opposite direction of the toes.  Meaning, a toed-in horse will paddle (or at least have a tendency to) and a toed-out horse will swing in...therefore increase the chance of interference.

I have had much success with some slightly toed-in horses over the years...but I will NOT buy a toed-out horse because of the chance of intereference.

Just my two cents worth.

Jody