From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Huston
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:53 PM
To: Patty P
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Truck Question

Hello Patty,
The Ford 5.4L is a V8. The Dodge 5.9L is a V10. Of these two trucks the Dodge has a far superior engine, it's 4x4, it's a 1 ton with stronger brakes, springs, bearings, much better all around. Get the Dodge, the only thing better would be if it was a diesel.  8-)
hp @ rpm means the max power the engine can produce in a sterile test facility for about 15 minutes. It is a bragging point used in an argument of who has a better truck. The actual useable power applied to the drive wheels is only 75% of the advertised power due to power loss in the transmission, differential & accessories like fan, AC, alternator, etc. Get the Dodge.