Re: [RC] [RC] Paddock Paradise - Debbie Kirchner

I have not read the book, but do have a Pasture Paradise in progress.. I keep figuring out where to put my tracks so that both herds will move as much as possible on the approximately 3 acres I have for them... I think I finally have one herds track done, I have 2 horses in each herd... the other track will need a a bit more tweaking to get it just right... I was out there tonight spreading hay on each track so that they will move more... I do know that the feet are self trimming... so that tells me that they are moving... one herd is in great weight, the other has gotten a bit heavy... they had the smaller track, I just opened up another track for them two days ago, so I hope this will help them to move more... they have two circles to go around and an arch, kind of like a C with a 50 foot circle at the top of the C and a 75 foot circle at the bottom of the C.. the Water is in the middle... the other herd had one large 0 that attaches to the gravel dry lot on the West end of it.. the water is there... the tracks are all about 20 feet wide.. had I read the book, I would have done some 10 foot wide areas, I read that narrower areas keep them moving faster... maybe in the spring I will have to change it, I have good solid pasture posts and fence on the outside, the inner circles are made mostly of push posts and 2 strands of HOT wire.... today most of the circle areas were MUDDY.. the Dry lot areas with the water and shelter are all deep gravel areas...

What I love, is they are not standing around all the time, they are on the move and have places to go and things to do... yet, they do not have access to the LUSH grass...  so far, so good here in SE MN

Debbie ~Someday, I will soar with the Eagles....
Until then, I float on the back of a barefoot gaited Morgan~
New Silver Solution a Patented Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Agent
automaticbuilder.com/soda/silver