From: sherman
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 10:04 AM
Subject: [RC] Pony death, question for vets or others who've experienced same

My friend’s 13 yr young Shetland/mini-horse cross, Muffin, died here yesterday with severe sudden onset neurological symptoms, staggering, head pressing in corner of stall, with legs flailing, going down, trying to get up but unable to control legs, neck, when up unable to lift head, mouth hanging open, tongue dragging, later clamping teeth onto tongue, death within a couple of hours as we were consulting via telephone with vet as the symptoms progressed.