Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 5:50 AM
Subject: [RC] fence question

Hello,

I hope you don't mind if I ask a fence question.  I purchased a 5 acre property to move my horse with me.

I am very confused as to what fence to get.. and I would like your opinion.
I am between:
 electrobraid (http://www.electrobraid.com/product.html)
and coated wire( http://www.centaurhtp.com/whiteLightning.html)

It seems that ElectroBraid? has the same break strength as high tensile wire, but to me it looks like it would not hold as well as coated wire.

I would like to use the trees in my property instead of using posts as much as possible.. I have some good corner/line trees that would hold the fence ok.., but I was told that with wire.. it would not do good on line trees since it is not totally straight and the wire would pull and break the insulators and it would eventually sink into the bark..With the electrobraid,  it would have a webbing.. , so it may take longer...to sink into the bark...

So, the question boils down to which of the 2 fences you would use or recommend... IF I need to put the posts I would do it.

Have a wonderful day,   Ileana
"Knowing ignorance is strength. Ignoring knowledge is sickness."
"Fear is the first natural enemy a person must overcome on his/her path to knowledge"