[RC] FW: Pony death, question for vets or others who've experienced same - sherman

-----Original Message-----
From: sherman [mailto:sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:
Monday, December 11, 2006 10:22 AM
To: 'carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Pony death, question for vets or others who've experienced same

A neighbor suggested that, however, no she didn’t grow an excessive coat, shed out nicely, had good muscle tone, etc., nothing that indicated Cushings. With Cushings, wouldn’t they have some period of deterioration before this sudden death? We are perplexed about the laminitis, but she hasn’t had any symptoms of anything for 3 years. It was hard to go through, thanks for your thoughts.

Kathy

I'm not a vet, but my guess would be Cushings.  The bout of laminitis out of the blue was the final clue for me.  Can I ask, did this horse grow a nice, long winter coat?  Seizures are the final stage of Cushings and is what did in my old mare many years ago.   My condolensces.

Carolyn Burgess