[RC] camper furnace - Tx Trigger

Our cabover camper came with a factory installed "Hydro Flame Furnace" that has a Room thermostat on it. We have had this camper for almost 12 years, and have maybe had camp sites that we could actually plug in to electricity a dozen times. We do not own a generator, and the camper has just one RV battery in it. We can camp for 4 days using the lights, heater on thermostat every night, and never have to run the truck to charge the battery back up. Wonder why everyone else has such issues with their battery running down over night with a heater.  Our refrigerator is a 3 way, and we run it on propane when camping unless we have electric hook ups. Never have used the 12 volt option, as that WILL suck a battery down pretty fast.

The thermostat works just like home. Set what temp you want it to be, and it will go on and off to keep it there. A friend bought an LQ trailer just a couple years ago, and had the exact same set up for a furnace, and she too, did not have a generator, and her heater worked. What is different about these heaters that people need electric power to run them (thus, a generator) ???  Or is the heater just an excuse they use, and they really need to watch their big screen TV, run the cappuccino machine, and margarita mixer.  ;-)  You know.....camping. LOL

Jonni