[RC] EN Article - WRSINOSKY

I will continue with my training of my 3 y/o in the way I trained Doimas.  Doimas went with me at least every other day when I took his mom or another horse out for a ride.  IMO I believe the harm is done by riding a young horse hard, not by ponying or short jaunts.  In that respect, I wasn't upset at all by my methods in regard to the article.

What made me unhappy with myself was riding Doimas in a 25 mile LD when he was 4.5.  I really did want to wait until he was 5 before starting him. But it was my first ride and my original mount was pulled at the pre ride exam for a lameness he doesn't have (but the vet thought so and I'm not complaining, just stating what happened). I let excitement of the ride overtake me and went back home, gathered up the wild beastie and brought him to Valley of the Sun.

We did have a blast that day, and I didn't ride him any harder than at home.

So, Kim, you didn't make me feel guilty.  I did that all on my own when I read the article.  By the way, it was an excellent article.  The more I learn, the better horseperson I can become.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ