Re: [RC] Ride names - GoldenCMK

In a message dated 02/01/2006 5:21:34 A.M. Central Standard Time, tallcarabians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ok, heres a subject change.  One thing Ive always been interested in is the names of the rides themselves.  How did people come up with them?  Could we get some stories?
There is no real surprise story with Moon Me! When I mentioned a full moon ride during the Texas summer, the comedians in our regions began with jokes about what kind of moons would be out on trail. So, I named it Moon Me. I'm very glad that it is too dark for a photographer, there are many comedians that ride in this region.

After sleep deprivation people just get silly. Some "riders" were wearing fake butts. Of course that did not last long, however, when I came in from hanging glow sticks one of the ride management team has a fake butt tied to his shoe, told me about midnight his "A** was dragging" and the other guy was wearing a fake butt on his head, I was told he was being a butt-head. The jokes went on ALL night.

Maria