[RC] Mountain Lions - Dawn Simas

Hi Linda,

Great advice you are getting so far.  :)  The only thing that I am wondering though is if it's even a mountain lion your are worried about if you did not see it.  They do not roar.  They scream, it sounds like a woman's high pitched scream.  Go to my website below and click on "Our Cats" and go to Apache's page for sounds to listen to...

Yes, they have attacked a rider on a horse (but you are much safer aboard than on foot).  Yes, they are crepuscular (active at dawn and dusk, sleep midday and through the night).  Yes, pepper spray for bears works very well (lots of people that work in zoos have found out).

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue