Re: [RC] Building Pens-?Advice on panels & soil prep? - Carol Scott

I use two gates to each area on my place. this helps get the tractor in, and the makes it easyer to put the animals in also. for a 12 foot opening we use two 6's. I like the 6" gates as there is more room for you and who ever you have with you with out crowding. On longer gates I have the wheels put on. At first everyone just laughted at me for it til they worked the gate. no saging and moves real easy. Carol.IL
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:37 PM
Subject: [RC] Building Pens-?Advice on panels & soil prep?

I just acquired 6 acres and need to set things up before bringing over my 3 horses from the stables.  Does anyone recommend I first prepare the area underneath their pens with something to help with drainage?  Someone mentioned a gravel burrito (gravel sandwiched between black underlay material used to build roads.  Any other ideas?

What about gates, panels, etc?  Or any other ideas?  I would sure like to make the best decisions before I start.  Don't have enough money to redo later.

Thanks,

Catherine