[RC] Juniors - Our Future - Steph Teeter

Just back from Wickenburg ride - wonderful!

Re juniors and other countries - obviously there are cultural differences.
the folks that do Endurance in many other countries (e.g. UAE and most South
American countries)are generally upper class, often with large breeding
farms, or riders/trainers financed by wealthier owners and breeders - so the
focus and commitment to the sport (and other sports) is probably stronger,
and the 'sacrifice' to do the sport is a little less.

more specifically - most of their rides are FEI (though in Argentina there
are also local club rides) and they have a special division 'Young Riders'
which is for riders ages 12(maybe 14?)-18 only. they ride unsponsored and
compete only against other young riders. This is very big in Argentina and
Brazil, lots of interest, lots of entries. They are very celebrated, great
awards and recognition, etc., etc. And the kids that I have seen are good,
smart riders, competitive but not stupid (I've seen a lot more 'stupid'
adults :)

It's a good division I think, maybe something we should consider.

Steph