Re: [RC] [RC] Black Water Boogie!!!! - Barbara McCrary

I would suggest banning the offending rider from AERC all together, with instructions that she is never to come again to any AERC ride...period.  A physical attack such as that cannot be condoned.  To make matters worse, the offending rider was clearly at fault...not following the rules of the ride management.  She had no excuse (for the attack) that is obvious from the information given here.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Black Water Boogie!!!!

I would hope the RM at least DQ'ed the offending rider based upon unsportsmanlike behavior.

Dawn in East Texas

On 12/8/06, Roxanne Ciccone <runawaywoman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes the ride was very well managed and the trails were challenging, though a little long so we may get credit for 55. The down side was the physical attack on rider Paula Blair by another rider. She was punched and has a broken nose, swollen lip and a large clump of hair was pulled from her head. The sherriff had to be called and escort Paula from the ride. The incident was due to the attacker having turned on her generator at 2am, when the ride brochure specifically said no generators between 10pm and 5am.. She would not comply and when addressed about the situation obviously became violent and beat poor  Paula who was then unable to finish her ride.
   Several of the South East riders wanted Paula to file charges or at least file a Protest with AERC but she is too traumatized and just wants to forget it. Also she has withdrawn her membership in AERC. It is a shame that we have to deal with such unethical and violent, selfish people in our sport.
Roxann Ciccone
South East #11415