Re: [RC] Paddock Paradise - Kristi Schaaf

--- "rides2far@xxxxxxxx" <rides2far@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Honestly though, I'd be leary of any area that
confined my horses tight enough that there's not an
obvious route for escape when two decide to take a >
dive at the third.
_______________

That's definitely the first concern that popped into
my mind, though for a different reason. My three
horses are compatible enough that I don't worry about
one getting chased, but I do worry about blind bolts,
as spooky as my guys are about the 'haunted woods'
along the back side of our property. It will be quite
interesting to see if they are willing to follow the
path out there over the shale hill, through the creek,
and near the dark limestone bridge, since I believe
they're quite positive that cougars, wolves and bears
live in there (oh, and deer also qualify as predators,
in their minds). The book recommends making the fenced
'paths' anywhere from 10 to 20 feet wide, depending on
your land and your number of horses, etc, with wider
areas included (as terrain allows) for rolling,
drinking, dozing, etc etc. I know that I plan to make
the paths as wide and softly angled as possible,
especially any 90 degree type corners. I'm just
thrilled that I can now offer them more 'room to roam'
along the back side of our property, while at the same
time I don't have to turn them out on the sugar-land
grass to do it.

Kristi

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)