From: Joe Long
Date: 12/05/06 08:58:16
Subject: Re: [RC] shortbed vs long bed

Patty P wrote:

>  I remember reading a bit about this discussion but don't know what the
> final result was. I am looking for a used truck and have found an F250
> 10 cylinder shortbed. Nice interior. Can I use this to haul a gooseneck?
>
> Thanks!
> Patty

The question is "what gooseneck."  The shortbed will not be a problem
for most horse trailers, but it will if you ever want to haul a large
camper trailer or certain other trailers.  If you want to be sure,
measure the distance from the hitch to the front corner of the trailer,
then measure the distance from the hitch to the rear window of the cab.
  As long as the first is less than the second you're OK (although to be
really sure you must allow for tilting of the trailer, too).

Don't forget to consider the trailer weight and the rating of the truck.

--
Joe Long