[RC] Arabian Neglect Case in MD #1 - Karen Everhart

It is cases like this one, and many, many others across America, which gives strength to the argument that we "have to have" slaughter available for all the unwanted horses.  Uncontrolled breeding, breeding for dreams of the "miracle" horse or over production for profit is what leads us down the easy road of "throw away" horses.

What a shame!!!  No wonder many Senators are opposed to SB 1915.  They read stories like this one and figure if we horse owners can't take care of the problem our selves then we had better have a legal "back-up" plan.

On her AHA list of horses (which only reflects 40+) there are 16 stallions, a handful of geldings, and the rest are mares.  All housed on 35 acres......hmmmmm, wanna guess how many babies have been produced each year?

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082