[RC] horse sizes....etc - Carolyn Burgess

Ain't that a true statement.  I ride a 16.2H, 1,200 lb Standardbred, who, when he wants to, can be very powerful.  My husband and I were out on a training ride when we started to canter up a hill.  My husband started to catch me and my horse "objected" to being overtaken by that snotty little Appaloosa (that's my horses words, not mine :-o).  So he bucked, a big buck.  That big buck scared my husband so much, he back the Appaloosa off.  I got about 3 feet of air out of that buck and power like I have never felt before.

An this big guy can be as quick and squirelly as any small horse.  He can do 360 after 360 until he dumps me.  Thank goodness he doesn't do that anymore.

Carolyn Burgess

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While a smaller horse might be quicker, it's antics are normally not as powerful or as fast as a bigger horse. The lever is longer on a bigger horse when it spins and you are on the end of the spinning lever hence you are moving much faster.