Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 3:54 PM
Subject: [RC] Ice balls on hooves

With the recent snow and ice storms in Missouri I've been having trouble with balls of ice forming under all four hooves of my horses.  The problem is more severe with the horses that are shod.  This morning when I went out to feed one of my horses had a ball of ice about the size of a small grapefruit under his left front and a baseball size ball under his right front.  I took a hammer and screwdriver and chipped it away.