Re: FW: [RC] Excitement affecting horse's heart rate - Dana B.

"Curtis, Laura (LauraCurtis)" <LauraCurtis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my opinion, having a back of the pack type attitude, only folks who
are really competive need to worry about the extra advantage of these
'tricks'. If you're just riding to complete, and your horse is in
shape, don't worry about it.

Unless you ride sooooo far at the back of the pack at an LD that you have to push it a bit at the end and then only have minutes to pulse down before you go overtime (been there, done that) ;-)))

And more seriously, these "tricks" have been invaluable at numerous non-ride times when I've needed to calm/recover a horse who has gotten him/herself all worked up for some reason or another (vet, farrier, trauma).  The "tricks" I've learned from riding AERC/NATRC rides have been priceless in those situations which varied from nuisance to near-medical emergencies.

One can never have too many "tricks" :-)

Dana Baldwin,
fan of Felix the Cat ("Whenever he gets in a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks.")

[boy, did I just date myself!!!]

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx