[RC] An experiment for those who have arthritis - Spottedracer

As many of you already know, I've got RA, and though we believe it's now in remission, It had already permanently twisted my tarsals and affected some of my other joints.  I have gotten used to a daily level of joint discomfort - but any weather fronts would cause those joints to act up so badly, that I can barely walk/climb stairs.. Until the front passes..

This said, I started the 'grapefruit juice' diet - after seeing a blurb on the news about Vanderbilt researching it - and patients having success. This was about 3 weeks ago.

I'll admitt, I haven't lost but 1 lb ... I blame the holidays - but at least I haven't GAINED.. he,he, he..... But I've consistantly drank 2-3 8oz glasses of 100% pure Grape fruit juice everyday... My theory is ALWAYS: If it won't hurt - might help .. I'll try it out!

I've noticed a 'side effect' of the grape fruit diet. Since that first week drinking the dratted stuff - I have felt NO EFFECTS from weather fronts!!!  And two - very extreme - weather fronts have come through during that time....

If those of you that are also highly affected by weather fronts - that are able to tolerate drinking grape fruit juice.... Would also try this little 'experiment' - maybe we could figure out if there IS a regular side-effect like this... Then get someone like Vanderbilt interested in doing a study??

Maybe we could also try this during those long rides - see if it also helps with 'ride pain/stiffness'??
- LP