[RC] Aloof? - Tracey Lomax

I hear this a lot about competitive showjumpers and dressage riders, as well.  I’m very fortunate to know quite a few who ride at the top levels out here and I can assure you that the person I see at a show is NOT the person I see at the pub, party or in a tack shop.  I’m pretty aloof at a show until I’ve jumped.

It stems from a combination of factors.  Nerves, focus, adrenalin, tiredness (I don’t sleep the night before a show), finding the “facilities” which are essential to anyone of my disposition when nerves and adrenalin set in.

Timing is everything.  I’m willing to help anyone thru anything and to discuss horses til the cows come home, but please, not while I’m warming up for a dressage test (unless you’re having an emergency) and most certainly not when about to go in the ring!

Tracey