Re: [RC] [RC] Rude Riders are not the Majority - Sluys Guys

That reminds me of something that happened at the Sandhills ride last weekend. I was riding along the trail when my horse was bumped from behind. I looked around to see a loose horse with it's saddle hanging off it's side streaking past me. I stopped and looked back to see if the rider was OK. About a quarter of a mile back I saw a guy walking down the trail so I figured he was fine plus there were other riders coming up on him. I figured I'd keep an eye on his horse. I eased up so as not to scare it faster down the trail and kept him in my sights. The horse was pretty freaked out and was hauling butt. Eventually he headed into a patch of woods. As I eased by I could see that he had stopped for a breather so I got off my horse and used my best natural horsemanship language to tempt the horse to come my way or at least stand still so I could catch it. Once I was able to get the horse I went ahead and tied him to a tree along the trail as I could still see the guy walking down the trail in the distance. I waved and heard a "Thank you!" in the distance so I went on my way. I never saw the guy again after that so I don't know if he finished the ride or not but at least he got his horse back!

Nancy Sluys

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again!"
             (Roy Rogers & Dale Evans)
                                           _\/
                                        O O

              ,--/