Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] opening gates?

"...If I had a horse that wouldn't open a gate and stand there nice and hold it for a dozen horses if need be  WHILE I'M MOUNTED,..."

Part of the problem is that there are gates and their are gates.  Many of the gates we run across out here are "Montana" gates.  They are made from strands of Barbed wire a fence post and two loops of wire on another post.  They can only be opened or closed on the ground.  The Long X ride in ND had gates that were self closing with a spring and opened vertically.  They also could not be handled from horseback.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875