RE: [RC] Pain and stiffness after a 50, a given? - Christina McCarthy

My first 30 caused me such agony...OMG if I sat down afterwords, it was 40/60 that I would actually stand up.  And it was my fault..I was not prepared for the ride physically or mentally.  By the 14 mile mark, I was praying that my horse needed to be pulled.  I was also scared to death...
It taught me allot about myself and what I needed to do to make the next LD ride both fun and without having to yell from the bathroom "help, I sat on the toilet and can't get up".
:)
I also found after that ride the stiff leg up and stiff leg down the stairs was the only way I could negotiate the flight of stairs at work...people thought I was nuts to ride like that and be in such pain....

Christina McCarthy