[RC] Season Finale Central - Shannon Chastain

The central ride Season Finale over the holiday weekend was a wonderful ride.
The vets,
RM and hosting campground owners were wonderful!!!! This has to be one of the
best
campgrounds in the Midwest for horses!!!!! The ride was at Eagle Ranch in
Collins, MO a
privately owned 1000-acre ranch in the beautiful Ozarks. Even in late November
with the
leaves all off the trees it was still great!!! The trails were just down right
fun!!!!
They went for the most part through forest winding around up and down and every
which
way my grandson would have been yahooing a lot. I always stay for the first
time riders
meeting if the vets don?t mind since I am not a first time rider because I
learn so much
from each vet. These two vets were wonderful I got my moneys worth just having
the
opportunity of having Jim Baldwin and Leon Self talk with me and vet my horse.
After the
1st timers meeting I had the pleasure of having Jim tell us about Becky and Rio
and how
wonderful a horse/rider team they were. We have another ride in March scheduled
for this
same campground and I am signing up ASAP it was well worth the 6 hours drive.
The Bass?s
were the best they were everywhere helping with everything even with all the
horses on
the second day everything flowed very well.

This was my first multi-day and we completed the LD?s both days with one C on
gut sounds
and the rest A?s so I guess we are getting close to the big 50 as soon as I get
my
saddle issues worked out. I came in second to last both days just missed out on
the
turtle award because my Arab pulses down faster then my riding buddies Morgan.
Shannon
Missouri