From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Susan E. Garlinghouse, D.V.M.
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 5:16 PM
To: 'Tx Trigger'; 'Ridecamp'
Subject: RE: [RC] US Rider roadside assistance

>The subject of AAA has come up in the past. Not all AAA agencies are the same. AAA of Southern CA was one of >the few that had actually listed "horse trailers" under their RV service. Not sure if they still do. But, remember, the >tow truck can refuse to tow you if they want, and many will NOT tow a horse trailer with horses in it.  US rider >contracts with companies that know they might be dealing with horses in the trailers.

Maybe ten years ago, I had an electrical problem with my LQ and needed a jump to get the electric jacks up.  I had AAA service and they sent out a tow truck, who looked at the rig, said it was “off road” and it was at his discretion not to go off road to help me out.  He would have had to drive perhaps 20’ off the pavement, on firm ground (firm enough to support a 40’ LQ without sinking an inch, mind you) to get me mobile again, but declined and merrily left without an alternative solution or even a backward glance.  He was really lucky I wasn’t armed at the time.  I was livid and let AAA know in no uncertain terms the bind they left me in, but at the time I was still well and truly stuck.  I haven’t had an RV-related breakdown since that required AAA service, but wouldn’t trust them to bail me out if I did.  BTW, Barney Fleming tinkered with it and got everything working again, otherwise I’d probably still be there.

JME,

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM