Re: [RC] Paint horses in distance riding - Sky Ranch

I have a 3 yr old registered TB, will be 4 in March.  He's big, 16'1" at least (haven't measured him in a while), dark bay, racing lines (Seattle Slew, Cormorant, Count Fleet).  I'm thinking of trying him in endurance.  He's not trained to saddle yet, but has good ground manners.  Thought I'd start him next summer, very very slowly.

I know there are some TB's in endurance.  What's the general consensus on them?  BTW, I also have two Arabian geldings that are my *main* riding horses.  So this TB guy just may be a trail horse for fun at home.  He sure is a sweetheart, I'll say that for him.  He's not even gelded yet, but not studdy at all.  That's going to change soon, I think ... I think it's time to change his status. <ahem>

Carla Richardson
Colorado