RE: [RC] Ticks - Rae

I would suggest, before you douse the horse in Off, to do a patch test.  Some horses are very allergic to deet.

Rae

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:53 AM
To: 'Claudia Provin'; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Ticks

My horse is a tick magnet. The Equispot works OK on him plus I spray him with Deep Woods Off. If you use EquiSpot and decide to spray as well use a different chemical. So if the ES is pyrethrin you should use permethrin or Deet (according to my vet) I’ve used the Deep Woods Off for a few years now and it works well. I have a few friends that swear by feeding garlic in tick season to keep them away.

Jean